DIY // concrete diamond

13/10/2014

photo: SAOSdesign
Today is tha last day before my departure to Netherland, so next time I'll post I'll be in Utrecht. Wohooo! For the past week I have been working hard every day and as a proof here is this simple DIY in which I was able to express my love for raw materials. So making my own paperweight was a perfect new project, whit a help of my boyfriend of course. 
The first step is making you own template. The diamond I made was created with a program Pepakura Designer. That's the beauty of it: you can make whatever you want! I then printed the template on a paper grammage 350g. After I cut out with scissors and folded the template I waxed it with candle. Only thing I needed to do was to glue the outer edges with tape and with that prevent the leaking and make it waterproof. I mixed the concrete according to instructions & waited for two days to dry. To emphasize the spike at the top I sanded the whole diamond. And that's it!
_____

Danes je zadnji dan pred odhodom na Nizozemsko tako da se naslednjič javim iz Utrechta. Wohooo! Čez teden in vikend sem bila pridna in delovna, kot dokaz je tale preprosti DIY v katerem sem lahko izrazila svojo ljubezen do surovih materialov. Naredila sem preprost obtežilnik za papir seveda s pomočjo fanta, ki se bolj spozna na beton. 
Za začetek je potrebno izdelati svojo predlogo. Sama sem naredila diamant mrežo pa ustvarila s programom Pepakura Designer. Predlogo sem potem natisnila na papir gramature 350g. Ko je predloga izrezana in upognjena sem jo povoskala s svečo. Potrebno je bilo le še zlepiti zunanje robove z lepilnim trakom tako da so vsi spoji vodotesni. Beton sem zmešala po navodilih, ga vlila v model in počakala dva dni da se posuši. Da sem poudarila špico na vrhu diamanta sem za konec cel diamant še zbrusila. To je to! 

xo S.

0 komentarji:

Post a Comment

 

SAOSdesign © All rights reserved · Development by Blog Milk · Blogger